From: Butler, Mark [mailto:Mark_Butler@hplb.hpl.hp.com]
Sent: 3 April 2003 11:09
To: SIMILE public list
Subject: RE: W3C alternatives for SIMILE web and cvs hosting

Hi Team,

I don't think a WIKI is quite what we need. We need a way of giving the team
access to the SIMILE documents so that anyone can get any version of a
document and track changes on the document. However changes will be made by
editors, based on a managed issue list submitted by team members. The
documents are in HTML so I think CVS / ViewCVS will fulfil our needs for
access and change management.

WIKI's have their place as general discussion tools, so we may like to
consider a WIKI as well, but I think our primary need is for something else.

br,

Dr Mark H. Butler
Research Scientist                HP Labs Bristol
mark-h_butler@hp.com