RE: [topicmapmail] RE: some more RDF thoughts

[Graham Moore]
Could someone explain / illustrate the meaning of '(Ra,Rb,Rc)' in the
context of:
'Enhancing (a,b,c) RDF schema by (Ra,Rb,Rc) role triple will eliminate
ambiguity and give'

[wmj]
I am pleased that you did notice my deliberate 'cheating' by dealing only
with "Solution 1. from Lars". I just wanted to signal a 'mismatch' between
RDF, NL interpretation and TopicMap.

Single 3-tuple can deliver only limited "load" of semantics. Therefore, to
deliver more semantics, requires couple (or more!) of the 3-tuples or more
expressive construct.

"(1) For every "Creator" predicate, the subject is an addressable
  resource, of which the object is an occurrence value of the type
  "Creator"".

Role-oriented interpretation:
RDF 3-tuple: (http://www.w3.org/Home/Lassila, Creator, Ora Lassila)
Roles 3-tuple: (addressable resource, type, occurrence value)

"(2) For every "Creator" predicate, the subject is an addressable
  resource, while the object is the name of a topic of type
  "Person". The relationship between them is that there is an
  association of type "created-by" between them, with the subject
  playing the role "resource" and the object the role "creator"."

Role-oriented interpretation:

RDF 3-tuple: (http://www.w3.org/Home/Lassila, Creator, Ora Lassila)
Roles 3-tuple: (addressable resource, "Creator", "Person")
Roles 3-tuple: (addressable resource, "created-by", "Creator")

'Re-written' as an Enhanced Spreadsheet ('more expressive construct'):
A	A	{Context}
v		Solution 1
	v	Solution 2
F	F	{NODE}
f	f	http://www.w3.org/Home/Lassila
t	t	Ora Lassila
N	N	{ROLE}
f	f	addressable resource
t		occurrence value
	t	"Creator"
	t	"Person"
E	E	{ASSOCIATION}
m		type
	m	"created-by"

Column 3 lists atoms clustered into sets. Column 1 (or 2) maps the atoms
into "the full semantic of the relationship" for the Solution 1 (or 2).

Graphical interpretation of the relationship:
From_Node--Arrow_Tail----Arrow_Middle--Arrow_Head--To_Node
where each component of the relationship could be 'overloaded'.

I hope this helps.

WMJ