Re: Life out there ?

I've been using Oracle on our internal web for about 2 1/2 years.
CGI scripts were a rather clunky way of getting data so about
1 1/2 years ago I wrote my own server, which I call OraGate.  It's
fast and I don't have to use CGI scripts with it.  In fact, no CGI
is allowed so I don't have their security problems.  Oracle's
OCI (Oracle Call Interface) is rather easy to use and can be used
to adapt about any web server to call Oracle directly.  We
use HTTP/0.9 protocol for populating pull down lists and other
quick queries.

I also have a version of OraGate that run from the shell.  With it
I can do things like:
------
for i in $(OraGate "sql=select tname from tab;")
do
... whatever
----

I now have a copy of Oracle's WebServer to evaluate.  I notice
they run a process as a CGI program.

I you're inclined to roll your own, take a look at their cdemo2.c
program for examples of their OCI.

Good luck!

bob