RE: database-driven html pages

G'day,
I can, "in spades"  vouch for what Ann says.

In the interests of even-handedness, however, those of you on the NT
platform, should look seriously at Gibraltar - Microsoft's Internet
Information Server. The combination of the "httpodbc.dll" that ships with
it, the ".idc & .htx" file types associated with this powerful dll, lead to
total bypassing of the need for "lowest common-denominator "cgi"; and if
you obtain the Sweeper SDK and use the "alpha Internet Explorer 3.0" which
is an "OLE container". Couple this with the soon to be merging of Gibraltar
and Exchange - via a "WWW Connector" being incorporated into Exchange -
Then you have the makings of a "truly abstracted (from the end-user's
perspective) powerful system" All be-it, somewhat less than robust, at this
point in time, due to the combination being a "work under construction" <G>

TTFN

Les Chapman mostly a gopher at odtaa and asker of at least half-remarkable
questions
e-mail: elsie@gladys.lynx.co.nz  Phone: +64-3-343-3314   Fax:
+64-3-348-8871
"aibohphobia - fear of palindromes?"                     "Be Alert - for we
need more of them!"
This missive bought to you courtesy of Microsoft Exchange Client 4.0 (MIME
enabled)