[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: WWW, DBs and Transactional Systems...

>I am interested in integrating transactional systems like Encina or Tuxedo with WWW.
>The idea is not to connect to one DB but to several (heterogeneous) and let a
>transactional system take care of the rest...
>Is there anyone who is also interested in such an issue, or knows any work done
>in this area?
>Thanks,
>Mafalda
>+-------------------------------------------------------------+
>Mafalda Barbosa                           email: mrsb@inesc.pt
>
>INESC -  Av.Alves Redol, 9, 6 Andar, Sala 642
>1000 LISBOA - PORTUGAL
>phone:   +351 1 3100290                 fax  :   +351 1 525843

I think the idea is interesting.  What do you really mean when you
say connecting Encina to WWW?  Isn't it like adding a user-interface
to a TP system?  Conventionally, the interface has been through a
fill-in form.  WWW interface adds hyperlinks to the interface.
What do you see as the technical problems that need to be solved
other than mapping the underlying data model to hypertext?