Re: A Red Herring I followed

Hello Patrick,

On Mar 14, 2013, at 15:32, Patrick Ion wrote:

> Dear Bert and David,
[...]
> However, I would like to send the message to someone appropriate
> (and from my usual already public mail account, namely this one).
> But I'm not sure that the message as below is suitable for
> eternal public archiving.  So please, Bert, say what you think I
> should do.  I could just forget the whole matter, as I do have
> other pressing things to do.  But then so do you both, so I
> apologize for bothering you.

The QA matrix was a useful resource while it was maintained, but at the moment it is indeed more harmful than helpful. Somebody in the team, although I don't know who, should replace it with an appropriate  message. The message could suggest http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-all as the current best alternative.

The QA activity has been replaced by the Testing activity[1], but the QA activity's Web pages are now mostly orphans.

Probably the best is to send e-mail to the communications team at <site-comments@w3.org>, or maybe directly to Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>. They are responsible for the W3C site in general and they have also taken over the former QA hame page, which is now the W3C blog. They actually know about the problem, but so far it has had low priority: They have only fixed things that people complained about. So my guess is, if you send e-mail about the matrix page, they will do something about that, too :-)

If you want, you can CC me and I will try to make sure there is some follow-up.

[1] http://www.w3.org/testing/

Bert