Re: Direct input versus file upload results mismatch

Dear Paola,

On 14-May-08, at 10:25 AM, Paola U. wrote:
> So I was a little bit surprised getting validation error through
> valid icons
> link in my web pages. To check if code was really wrong I copied the
> source
> code using the' view source code' in my Firefox browser and pasted
> it at
> address:
> http://validator.w3.org/#validate_by_input
> getting a valid result again!

It looks like you are using ASP.net, which is unfortunately known to
serve proper XHTML to browsers and pathologically broken markup to
other user agents, including the markup validator.

This is _not_ a bug in the W3C Tools.

For more information on this “feature” in ASP.net, and how to work
around it, see this document:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/exc57y7e.aspx
and in particular the section "Configuring Browser Capabilities for
Markup Validation".

Regards,
--
olivier