Re: Good (and Bad) practices of implementation reports

In terms of some past experience, there is a CSS3 Selectors Implementation
Report Template [1], as well as instructions [2] to help with creating an
implementation report.  I believe these have worked well so far for the
purpose intended.

[1]:
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS3/Selectors/20030915/implementreportTEMPLATE.html

[2]: http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS3/Selectors/report-instruct.txt

In terms of future work, implementation reports are under discussion in
some of the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) groups I'm in (Authoring
Tools and Web Content) , but these specifications are described in terms of
guidelines and success criteria (normative requirements), so it's possible
that the approach taken to create implementation reports in these groups
may be somewhat different than for other W3C specifications (like CSS),
where the requirements are expressed in other ways..

Have to think about it some more..

Thanks and best wishes
Tim Boland NIST