Re: Regarding tips on using unordered lists

Hi Craig,

Le 05-10-24 à 17:30, Brian Huisman a écrit :
> On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:04:26 -0400, Martin, Craig
> <Craig.Martin@crsaustralia.gov.au> wrote:
>> On the page reached through the link
>> http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/unordered-lists the paragraph headed
>> "Underused and maligned" indicates it is not good design to use
>> clusters
>> of <a></a> tags separated by vertical bars in the code.  Why then is
>> that the way your banner menu is coded on that page?
>>
>> Your right side menu is similar in that it is a group of <a></a>
>> tags.
>> The only <ul></ul> tags on the page are in the "Further Reading"
>> section.  Don't you feel this undermines the message you are
>> trying to
>> get across?

I'm the one to be beaten to death ;) I have been the guilty person in
charge of this design. It was done when the support of list and CSS
was more… how could I say… funky? :)

I guess that's one task that could be done by the QA IG for the QA
Web site (though really not with a high priority): A beautiful
template for the QA section of the web site.

Any Web designers in the room up to the challenge? Don't start doing
something. Just an idea for now.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***