Re: Answer to Ian Hickson: Comment about HTML spec exa mples needs refinement

On Tue, 3 May 2005, Karl Dubost wrote:

> Original comment (issue 1043 [1])
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa/2005Jan/0008.html
>
> Thank you for your comment, which the QA Working Group has accepted.
> We have included the example you recommended and it now reads [2]
>
> Good Practice 06: Provide examples, use cases, and graphics.
> HTML 4.01 [HTML401]: The HTML 4.01 specification, dsigned in a very educative
> way, has some very good examples.

I think you may have misunderstood my comment. I was not suggesting that
HTML4 be included (as indeed it already was); I was suggesting that
although HTML4 does indeed have _some_ good examples, it also has a number
of very poor examples, and might therefore not be the best specification
to use to demonstrate how editors should write their documents.

I am not happy with the current resolution, but do not consider it a
serious problem and would accept it if the working group still disagrees.

Cheers,