Re: Error in CHIPs (Common HTTP Implementation Problems)

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005, Porges wrote:
> The section "Character Encoding"*  has a provision II, which currently
> reads "Send proper character encoding information for XHTML
> documents". This should read "Send proper character encoding
> information for HTML documents" (remove the "X"). At the moment it has
> the same title as provision III.
>
> * http://www.w3.org/TR/chips/#cp10.2

You are absolutely right, this is a mistake. We do not know whether or
when chips may be republished, but in the meantime, I have added this to
the list of errata to be taken care of when/if we republish:
http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/12/chips-errata

Thanks a lot,
--
olivier