Re: QA Tips: Make readable URIs

Hello Olivier,

Le mer 04/08/2004 à 09:28, olivier Thereaux a écrit :
> On Oct 18, 2003, at 0:03, Victor Engmark wrote:
> I eventually got around to trying to rewrite the tip with all of the
> feedback received in mind.
> The draft result is at :
> 	http://www.w3.org/QA/2004/08/readable-uri
>
> Would you please review it?

Good work! This removes all the concerns I had with the previous
document.

Maybe we should avoid speaking of URIs which most persons don't know
about; the term 'Web address' is often suggested as a replacement for a
broader public. (I don't mind having the URI term being presented as the
official name for Web addresses, but I think we should avoid using it
for non-Web geeks).

Also, a link to "Cool URIs don't change" [1] would be appropriate, since
the topic of leaving out technology-specific details is also explained
in details there.

It would be worth asking uri@w3.org if they have any comment on it, too.

Dom

1. http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI