Re: complexity (was: Re: XHTML and RDF)

Ian Hickson wrote:

> It might implement or use something else. For example HP is unlikely to
> care or use the Speech CSS module, but cares very much (and is actively
> working on) the Print CSS module. Both of these are in the same group,
> discussed at the same meetings.

Actually big companies are more complex than that ... while I do not know
anything about HP's level of interest in any part of CSS, it is easily
conceivable to me that the HP rep on the CSS group is a printer person, and
may not even know of people for whom the speech module is relevant -
doesn't mean they don't exist - simply that while formally represented, in
practice they are not. Personally, I would be surprised if there was noone
in HP who cared about speech CSS module.

I'm HP's rep in a number of SW WGs - while I try and find out what HP
people outside my immediate group want it is an uphill struggle, most of
the time the 'HP position' that I represent was worked out over a coffee by
three or four people, (and it's only on the few more important issues that
we bother to do that).

Jeremy