Re: [DRAFT] QA Tips - Gif versus PNG

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, olivier Thereaux wrote:

> I would like to give Karl a clear idea of what needs to be done, so
> could we agree that:
> - less emphasis on the patent issue
> - adding the warning about support of PNG and giving the conneg
> technique
> - adding a conclusion about the preferred (though with care) choice of
> PNG
> would make the tip "ready for publication"?

I was not objecting to emphasis on the patent issue; just stale and
incomplete information.

I do not see any problems with the above plan. It may be worth noting
in the tip that W3C itself follows it (give a couple of highly visible
PNG/GIF URLs for people to test negotiation). It would also be very
useful if you could publish some stats from W3C servers reflecting PNG
support among W3C visitors.

Alex.