Re: Dead link in Quality tips for webmasters

On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 17:34 Asia/Tokyo, Einar Westermann wrote:

> The link [1] on the Quality tips for webmasters page [2] to the
> quality tip
> "Cool URIs don't change" seems to give a 406 error.

406 is not a dead link (that would be quite funny for this article!)
it's
the HTTP code for "not acceptable", which means that since the resource
is content-negotiated (language-negotiated actually) and your
user-agent does not seem to accept what the server has (variants in
english and spanish) it tells you that there is no acceptable variant
of the resource that's a reasonable behavior.

Have you properly configured your browser to accept content in english
(in addition to others)?

P.S : the direct URI for the resource in english is
http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html.en
but you shouldn't need it if your browser sends the proper
accept-language information to our web server.

regards,
--
olivier