Re: QA Spec Guidelines and Modular Technologies

Le lun 18/08/2003 à 22:07, Karl Dubost a écrit :
> My question is Module 1, Module 2, etc which are individual WD can
> become a REC without having the master document released. On a personal
> point of view, I don't think it's possible and it's desirable.

Agreed that this is not desirable.

> Another issue which is related to that. We are often talking in our
> Guidelines (Ops, Spec and Test GL) of Specification with the
> pre-requisite that it's a complete unit of technology.

I raised this issue a while ago:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2002Oct/0052.html
In specGL at least, we have tried to distinguish waht applies to the
specification and what applies to the technology at large. But the
specification as a unit is also important (a document specifying a
module should have a conformance section as well, if only to refer to
the master document conformance section).

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org