Re: QA Matrix improvements

Le ven 06/06/2003 à 18:17, Alex Rousskov a écrit :
> Just a few bug reports/suggestions about the Matrix.
>
> 1a. There is no legend for images and colors used in table cells.
>     Please consider adding one or see 1b.

I have added a key that explains the images; the colors are already in
redundancy with the text, so I guess we can keep them that way.

> 1b. Consider having three [borderless] columns inside the "Validator..."
>     column so that it is easy to see which specs lack a test suite,
>     for example. Cool undocumented image icons can then be replaced
>     with a well-understood check-mark icon.

If you have a specific formatted proposal, that would be helpful... We
have tried several solutions (as Karl pointed out), but nothing really
good as of today...

> 1c. Perhaps it is my Opera, but there is lots of unused white space
>     to the right of the matrix table, while the table cells are
>     shorter than their text wants them to be. This makes the matrix
>     much longer than it needs to be.

Fixed.

> 1d. The intro says "no means not applicable or not available" but
>     the matrix uses empty cells or cells with "-" instead.

Fixed.

> 1e. The "This version of the Matrix has been produced" paragraph
>     should be moved to the bottom since most people do not care
>     how the table was produced.

Done.

> 1f. The "RDF maintained list of QA related info" link returns a 404:
>     http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/06/matrix-base

The link has been fixed, too.

> 2a. HTTP/1.1 Conformance Section is available at
>     http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec1.html#sec1.2

Added.

> 2b. HTTP/1.1 errata document is maintained by Scott Lawrence at
>     http://purl.org/NET/http-errata

Added.

> 2c. HTTP/1.1 "Test Suite" link [1] points to a list of test sites
>     (most of which are dead now); it should point to a list of test
>     suites [2]. The icon should be changes from "W3C" to "Tools".

Done, except the icon change that is not possible to change easily for
now.

Done: http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/Forum/#other

> 3.  "HTML 4.0 Recommendation" cell should probably be just "HTML 4.0",
>     since other spec cells do not have "Recommendation" in them.

The cell has been removed altogether, since HTML 4.0 has been superseded
by HTML 4.01.

Thanks for all your suggestions (and sorry for the slow turn-around).

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org