Re: profiles/modules/levels -- 2 of 2

At 13:10 -0600 2003-04-22, Lofton Henderson wrote:
>Summary of my opinions on profile/module/level:
>
>1.) combine the 3 concepts?  I'm opposed.

I agree the 3 concepts are different.

>2.) keep separate concepts, DoV and CPs but combine under one GL?  Maybe.

It maybe a good way to help people by a kind of adaptable CP.

if we have checkpoint where the wording is exactly the same.

If you have {VAR}, you must do this.

	where VAR = [modules, profiles, level, ...]

>4.) "4. Definitions" -- we might be able to improve some, but will
>*never* succeed in compact definitions that are sharp enough to
>completely prevent misuse of concepts.

	hmmm... yes a definition is always a definition and concepts
are here to be interpreted sometimes. The definition must be as short
and clear as possible for a human person, and examples are here to
provide non-normative illustration.

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/