Re: Glossary

The HTML validator by it self, in our definition, will not be considered a
test suite  but a validation tool that could be used as part of the test
procedures to check conformance to the standard (validation) , in that way
it will be considered encompassing in the test suite definition. This is my
understanding.

Sandra

  At 04:33 PM 5/30/2002 -0600, Lofton Henderson wrote:

>At 01:37 PM 5/30/02 -0600, Alex Rousskov wrote:

>> > In a case of the HTML validator you don't have a Test Suite.
>>
>>"HTML validator" is, essentially, a "Test Suite", isn't it? I know
>>that the current definition does not imply that but it should be
>>possible to have a single term that describes all validators,
>>including test suites. "Validator"? It should not matter, for the
>>purpose of the glossary, whether we are validating compliance with a
>>protocol, a markup language, or whatever...
>
>I thought -- correct me if this is wrong, Mark or Sandra -- that NIST used
>"test suite" in an encompassing way, that would include an HTML
>validator.  However the Glossary definition of "test suite" doesn't seem
>to imply that.
>
>-Lofton.

Sandra I. Martinez
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8970,