Glossary

From: Mark Skall <mark.skall@nist.gov>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 22:20:26 -0400
To: www-qa@w3.org
Karl,

I'm not sure where the "validation" definition came from. Tying validation
to a document is way too restrictive.   The definition we usually use is
"the process necessary to perform conformance testing in accordance with a
prescribed procedure and an official test suite."

Mark

Mark Skall
Chief, Software Diagnostics and Conformance Testing Division
Information Technology Laboratory
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8970
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8970

Voice: 301-975-3262
Fax:   301-590-9174