RE: Testable assertion tagging for W3C specifications

At 10:37 PM 5/6/2002 -0400, Paul Cotton wrote:
>Another technique is to have a separate test/conformance document that
>points directly into a technical specification or quotes test from the
>normative document.  For example, see the SOAP 1.2 test/conformance
>document [1].
>
>[1] http://www.w3.org/2000/xp/Group/2/03/11/soap-1.2-conformance.html

I like this. This allows someone else to work on the assertions without
having to share the source of the document.

Also, I think the assertions in this document helped me understand what you
are trying to accomplish. I think this is a good thing to do - particularly
if it leads to the development of a test suite.

My instinct is to use a separate document, not to embed markup in the
source document, to allow work to be shared more equitably. Currently, only
Don and I really edit the source fo the XQuery language document.

Jonathan