Re: say hello to "public-evangelist"

Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org> wrote:

>I am pleased to announce you that, starting this week, the Quality
>Assurance Interest Group (QAIG) now has two discussion channels.

If this is indeed a channel of the QAIG, or at least has a natural
association under that umbrella, may I suggest that the List-ID for the
public-evangelist list be changed from "public-evangelist.w3.org" to
"www-qa.public-evangelist.w3.org".

The List-ID header field indicates a hierarchical namespace. Thus it would
IMO be natural to use the following:

  wg.qa.w3.org
  ig.qa.w3.org
  public-evangelist.qa.w3.org

...or possibly...

  public-evangelist.ig.qa.w3.org

...if the intent is to make it a "sub-list" of the QAIG.

Similarly, BTW, most lists at W3C use the local-part of the list submission
address directly in the List-ID field. While not strictly in conflict with
the standard (as these are indeed unique identifiers), it doesn't live up
to the intent of the standard either. Making these strictly hierarchical
(sort of like DNS, or Java classes in reverse) would better match the
intent and make these more usefull.

[ Can anyone tell that I use the List-ID field to filter on? :-) ]

Liiiistmoooom! :-)

--
"Frailty, thy name is woman!"                    - Hamlet, Prince of Denmark.
                   See Project Gutenberg <URL:http://promo.net/pg/> for more.