Re: Conformance and Deprecated Features

At 03:36 PM 1/29/02 -0500, Karl Dubost wrote:

>So a good conformance clause could say:
>         A  compliant  user agent to the version X+1 SHOULD implement
> deprecated features of version X.
>         A compliant authoring tool to the version X+1 MUST NOT implement
> deprecated feature of version X.
>
>Does it make sense?

I think to be consistent with Rob's point, it should (or is it shall) be
"A  compliant  user agent to the version X+1 SHALL (rather than SHOULD)
implement deprecated features of version X."

I think the second one should read "A compliant authoring tool to the
version X+1 MUST NOT implement deprecated feature of any prior version."

>--
>Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
>           http://www.w3.org/QA/
>
>      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---

Mark Skall
Chief, Software Diagnostics and Conformance Testing Division
Information Technology Laboratory
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8970
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8970

Voice: 301-975-3262
Fax:   301-590-9174