Re: Usage of the word "specification" in the spec GL

Dominique writes:
>- I wonder if the GL about levels brings anything useful, since levels
>don't really exert any influence on conformance or implementation.

It was a surprise to read that! I think the influence of levels is
clear when you consider the verbiage constraints in Checkpoint 11.2,
at least after the word "levels" in GL 11 is replaced. 11.2 would,
in my interpretation, require that a spec that uses levels (in the GL
7 sense), to prescribe level-aware verbiage for conformance claims.
Example: All claims of conformance to this spec should state the level
of implementation, [levels enumerated here], which is claimed.

Thus, one implementation could claim to fully implement the Xblah spec
at Level 2, while another implementation claims conformance to Xblah
Level 3.
.................David Marston