RE: Outsourcing in QA and Testing

Hi Vijay
   I can't comment on particular companies (and this is probably outside
the scope of this list).  One comment that I would make is that there is
a need for standardisation on terminology and approaches to QA and
testing in order that testing is independent of the company carrying out
the testing or the tools they use.
    I've made use of a number of Web-based testing tools and found that
different tools give different results on metrics such as the size of
pages (due to inconsistent approaches in processing of external CSS and
JavaScript files, respecting the robot exclusion process, processing
frames, redirects, splash screens, etc.)
    I raised the terminology issue a while ago on this list (and
volunteered to do some work - which I've not had time to do).
    I'm be interested to know if standardised methodologies for Web site
testing is within the scope of this list.  I joined the list as this was
my main interest, and then found that that the QA group focussed at the
QA of Web *standards and procotols* and not *Web sites*.  If Web site
testing is out-of-scope, I think it would be useful if the W3C QA Web
site (and list) provided pointers to relevents fora and resources in
this area.

Brian

Brian Kelly
UK Web Focus