RE: [www-qa] Re: Conformance and Implementations

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Karl Dubost wrote:

> At 10:07 -0600 2001-10-23, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> >On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Karl Dubost wrote:
> >
> >>  It's why the test cases should be built by the WG or by an
> >>  external resource WITH the WG at the earliest stage of a REC (I
> >>  mean WD). Test cases are useful tools for developpers, but there
> >>  are also an easier way to write a clear and unambiguous
> >>  recommendation.
> >
> >I do not believe that stating requirement X twice (once in the
> >recommendation text and once in the test case embedded in that
> >recommendation) will somehow make the recommendation less ambiguous.
> >IMO, this will only increase the number of ambiguities as some test
> >cases will sure contradict the text!
>
> It was not my point !!!???

I misread your message as saying that test cases should be embedded in
the recommendation. My apologies. I think that embedded test cases
idea surfaced a few times before on this list though (which probably
explains why I misread your statement), and that is something a QA WG
can recommend or discourage.

Alex.