Re: Over 1500 invalid pages at www.w3.org

At 23:41 +0100 2001-10-12, Nick Kew wrote:
>As I write, Site Valet reports 1564 invalid pages at www.w3.org.
>
>I know Gerald tells us some of them are historic and won't change,
>but surely that can't apply to everything.  Does anyone care?
>http://valet.webthing.com/intranet/report/pages?valid=Report&markup=0&url=www.w3.org

thanks for this analysis Nick...

1564 pages on... ??? Gerald how many webpages we have on our website ;)

We are fixing every week new pages. Every pages that are under /TR/
will not be changed.

>The same tool also reports 699 pages containing broken links.
>http://valet.webthing.com/intranet/report/pages?linksreport=Report&pagelinks=400&url=www.w3.org

For broken links, it's even more difficult. You mean broken links
from W3C to W3C. Or broken links from W3C to outside.

Cool URIs don't change, but we can't control people who are breaking links.

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/

      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---