Re: Typo in Style Guide for Online Hypertext

* Aaron Swartz wrote:
>In http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/NoMechanics at the very
>bottom, while providing an example of how to link to each page,
>you neglect to link the text "buying a mower". You just need to
>link it to "dummy".
>
>Also ironic, is that the NoMechanics page links to documents by
>the mechanics of their .html extensions.

You will find a lot of ironical things in the "Cool URIs don't change"
(http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI) part of the style guide, for
example

[...]
  So a better example from our site is simply

  http://www.w3.org/1998/12/01/chairs

  a report of the minutes of a meeting of W3C chairpeople.
[...]

The URI is actually broken.

Somewhere later the document links
<http://www.useit.com/alertbox/990321.html> and wants URIs to be
easy to guess, easy to remember, and hackable, the "better" style,
that is actually used by a lot of documents nowadays, surely doesn't
match any of these criteria. In fact there are a lot of treasures
somewhere below m(^http://www.w3.org/\d{4}) but it is nearly
impossible to find them and find them again anyday later.

regards,