Final Minutes -- QA Working Group Teleconference 2005-06-13

QA Working Group Teleconference
Monday, 13 June 2005
Scribe: Lofton

(KD) Karl Dubost (W3C, Chair)
(DH) Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux (W3C)
(LH) Lofton Henderson (CGMO)
(RK) Richard Kennedy (Boeing)
(MS) Mark Skall (NIST)
(LR) Lynne Rosenthal (NIST)

(DM) David Marston (guest, IBM)

(PC) Patrick Curran (Sun Microsystems)
(TB) Tim Boland (NIST)

(DD) Dimitris Dimitriadis (Ontologicon)

Summary of New Action Items:
AI-20050613-1  --  Karl  --  Create Dublin f2f page --  due: 20050620
AI-20050613-2  --  Karl  --  Invite Paul Grosso to join 6/20 telecon -- 
due:  20050613
AI-20050613-3  --  Karl  --  start email discussion of example & disclaimer 
for umbrella -- due:  20050614
AI-20050613-4  --  Karl  --  proposal, how to continue some QA work after 
QAWG expires -- due:  20050627


Previous Telcon Minutes:


* 2.)  Routine business: Dublin Information

PC has sent information and made arrangements and reservations for 
hotel.  KD took action item to create a face-to-face page.

* 3.)  Update on QA Specification Guidelines.

KD:  QA mail list discussions, unexpected, about 3 issues:
-- Ian Hickson (IH),
-- Paul Grosso (PG),

IH decided that he could live with our response, although he didn't like it 
very much

PG disagreed personally.  XML Core didn't take position.  Should we 
continue discussing or ignore it?  DH:  he is also an AC rep, and might 
continue objection at PR level.  In which case director might have to 
override(?) again.  Options:
1--ask Director to approve progression without resolution.
2--someone talk to PG privately
3--invite him to join QA telecon to discuss

LH:  would another option be to tell him to check n/a for the CoP 
requirement, if he doesn't think it applies?  DH:  thinks thats a bad 
idea.  MS:  invite him to sit in on call is best.  KD took Action Item to 
invite PG to call QAWG next Monday (due today).  DH:  suggests "plan B" 
(option #2 above), in case he can't or won't join next Monday.  MS will be 
fallback for plan B, but plan A (option #3 above) is much preferred.

WAI CG suggested wording changes (by Al Gilman).  KD proposed our answers 
to him, we're still awaiting reply.  DH:  WAI CG is meeting Wed, so maybe 
we'll get an answer then.

DH:  during PR, we should try to get testimonials on SpecGL.  Can you get 
one from "Your organization?"  KD:  is it okay from outside of W3C?  DH: 
usually only W3C, but we could probably get an exception.  LR: NIST can 
provide some.

Publication status:  CR publication planning on hold till resolve issues w/ 
WAI CG and PG.

* 4.)  Update on ViS

DH:  sent email today w/ link to new Editors version of ViS.  Integrates 
all new stuff from DM etc.  Issues:
1.) CoP and Specification Categories.
2.) umbrella specifications -- lacking agreement on what it covers, etc.

DH:  Spec. Cats. lack clarity and motivation, and should be considered for 
removal unless we can better integrate them into the process of producing 
CoP (which latter has been source of issues).

DM:  no strong opinion on umbrella.  LH/KD:  should we note that the 
dividing line -- umbrella & profiles is not sharply defined?  DM:  add 
strong example like OWL (or XML Query?).  LH:  Plus add disclaimer that 
there is no hard dividing line between umbrella and profiles, and the 
concept and separation are still being refined.

KD took action item to start mail list discussion of example and 
disclaimer.  Due tomorrow.  (Email discussion to finish by next telecon, 

DH:  So new publication of ViS will likely be around end of June.

* 5.)  AC report (Mandelieu 2005)

DH:  (Gave report.  It's not public because AC Meeting is member-only.)

Long story short, it doesn't look like there will be renewal of the QA 

KD:  QA not necessarily dead within W3C.  Work could continue also within 
QAIG.  Would people participate?  LH:  some problem if there is no 
organizational structure, leadership, or support.  Could someone make a 
concrete proposal?  KD:  Could discuss at Dublin.  DH:  Anyone take AI to 
make such a proposal?  KD will make first try at a post-QAWG proposal (due 
in 2 weeks).

* 6.)  Future Telconf and Dublin Meeting

KD:  What to do about 6 Mondays (telecons) before Dublin?

DH:  Test taxonomy document  & TestFAQ?  TCDL?  [Ed.  TCDL or 
TCML???]   DM: XML Query Test Task Force has done something.  KD:  Other 
topics?  KD:  Every two weeks instead of every week?  DH:  I can't meet 
some Mondays?  KD:  Other conflicts?  All U.S members -- 4th July.  Several 
others have July conflicts.  Will solicit conflicts and resolve on QAWG list.

DH:  meet next monday (6/20), following monday (6/27).  Sort out the rest 
on QAWG list.

adjourned:  11:52am EDT.

Received on Wednesday, 22 June 2005 02:24:05 UTC