Re: First stab at LC issues analysis

Le 26 janv. 2005, à 04:38, Dominique Hazaël-Massieux a écrit :
> #1052 "Classes of product" unclear and dangerous
> LH and DM commented on this, thinking it was maybe now unclear, but
> certainly not dangerous; I think a good way to understand the XML Core
> WG concerns would be to come up with a list of classes of products for
> xml:id and see with them if this would indeed be too restrictive.
> In any case, the confusion shows that we need to better explain what we
> mean by classes of products, maybe with examples less "obvious" as the
> ones currently in SpecGL (although Ruby looks very much similar to the
> xml:id case).
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-qaframe-spec-20041122/#what-conform

For information

[[[
scheme with 5 different kinds of conformance tests of W3C specs,
organized in 2 families:
 1.   conformance of Web content
 ◦  1 syntactic (validator)
 ◦  testinput: content (file in html/xml/css/smil/svg/rdf...)
 ◦  testengine: grammar parser
 ◦  testmode: webform|run, automatic
 ◦  ex: validator.w3.org,  jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator
 ◦  2 semantic (evaluator)
 ◦  testinput: content (file in html/xml/css/smil/svg/rdf...)
 ◦  testengine: evaluator with builtin semantics
 ◦  testmode: webform|run, semi-automatic
 ◦  ex: cast.org/bobby, validator.w3.org/checklink
 2.   conformance of tools/products (test suite)
 ◦  3 content-driven
 ◦  testinput: tool (browser)
 ◦  testengine: content samples + logic
 ◦  testmode: webforms, manual
 ◦  ex: w3.org/Style/CSS/Test, w3.org/math/testsuite
 ◦  4 interface scenario
 ◦  testinput: tool (browser, convertor, editor)
 ◦  testengine: intructions + logic
 ◦  testmode: run, manual
 ◦  ex:  w3.org/WAI/AU/WD-ATAG10-EVAL-20000913/
 ◦  5 program-based
 ◦  testinput: runtime library
 ◦  testengine: content samples + runtime test
 ◦  testmode: run, auto
 ◦  ex: C DOM API,  jigsaw.w3.org/HTTP/
]]] - http://www.w3.org/QA/Taxonomy.html

[[[
The following is a list of the most common classes of products for W3C
specifications:
 •  content (of type, meaning, and format as defined in the
specification),
 •  producer of content (may be divided into initiators and modifiers),
 •  player (read-only consumer, conveys content in non- XML way),
 •  consumer in a one-way pipeline,
 •  responding agent (e.g., server) of API (consumer and  producer),
 •  processor (consumer of its vocabulary/instructions),
 •  module that hosts the processor,
 •  producer of instructions/commands to processor,
 •  profile derived from the specification's Rules for Profiles,
 •  specification (guidelines).
]]] -
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-spec-variability-20040830/#spec-cat-cop

W3C Conformance Manager