Re: Test case metadata: Purpose and Description

At 02:36 PM 8/31/2005 -0700, Patrick Curran wrote:

>While finishing up the test case metadata document I find that I'm still
>confused between Description and Purpose. I think we agreed that one would
>be a "one liner" (suitable for inclusion in a table) while the other would
>be longer.
>
>Lofton and I have different recollections of which was which. I propose
>that Description be short and Purpose longer, but I'm open to other points
>of view.
>
>Do people care? Would anyone like to make an argument for one rather than
>the other approach?

Mild preference, I like...

Purpose:  1-liner, encapsulates what the test is basically about.
paragraphs

Reasons...

1.) to me, Description implies longer (arbitrarily long) treatment of
details, and Purpose (...etc...) -- i.e., the meanings of the words seem to
more naturally correspond with this view (but maybe that's just my bias).