Re: Variability in Specifications Graphics

Hi David,

Le 05-08-16 à 15:50, david_marston@us.ibm.com a écrit :
> Two items:
> 1. I am skeptical about the word "completes" regarding the DOM
> levels, unless the DOM WG used that word themselves.

We should ask Philippe Le Hégaret or Dimitris :) I would say yes, but
I'm ready to change if needed.

> 2. Does XHTML have a "core" or mandatory piece? The drawing implies
> that no single module is needed by all implementations.

The drawing implies that *every* modules is needed by all
implementations. :) But that could be specified in the text around
the graphics to make it really clear.

It's not defined like that. XHTML 1.1 is a full set of technology
with no optional modules. Using XHTML Modularization it is possible
to define new modules

[[[
3.1. XHTML Host Language Document Type Conformance
…
The DTD which defines the document type must include, at a minimum,
the Structure, Hypertext, Text, and List modules defined in this
specification.
…
]]] - http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xhtml-modularization-20010410/
conformance.html#s_conform_document_type

Plus in XHTML 1.1

[[[
The XHTML 1.1 document type is made up of the following XHTML
modules. The elements, attributes, and minimal content models
associated with these modules are defined in "Modularization of
XHTML" [XHTMLMOD]). The elements are listed here for information
purposes, but the definitions in "Modularization of XHTML" should be
considered definitive. In the on-line version of this document, the
module names in the list below link into the definitions of the
modules within the current version of "Modularization of XHTML".

(…here the list of modules…)

]]] - http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/doctype.html#s_doctype

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***