Re: [ISSUE] Integrate editorial decisions from June F2F

Le mar 21/09/2004 à 11:15, Dominique Hazaël-Massieux a écrit :
> Glancing quickly through
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2004Jun/0044.html and
> comparing it with http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-qaframe-spec-20040830/ ,
> it appears that most of the decisions we took wrt editorial comments for
> SpecGL haven't been implemented in the text yet; so, one of the issues
> that needs to be solved before going to last call is to actually
> implement them.

Karl mentioned during today teleconf that he couldn't spot what
decisions haven't been incorporated; here are a few examples:

"Decision: remove the 'boilerplate' RFC keywords section (and also from
the normative section)"
but we still have it at
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-qaframe-spec-20040830/#structure

"* Text inside "good practice" sections should make sense "out of
context" (if extracted into a separate list, for example)"
There a a few good practices that I think aren't very clear when
extracted, e.g.
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-qaframe-spec-20040830/#need-option-gp
"Determine the need for each option. Make sure there is a real need for
the option." (for instance, using "optional feature" instead of "option"
would help)

"""A1: "Why care" justifications sometimes don't address benefits in
terms that "appeal to" the spec author. Show how their self-interest
will be served by following our recommendations - to say "you will meet
our recommendations" is insufficient."""
still, the "why care" section reads
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-qaframe-spec-20040830/#include-conformance-clause-principle
"""A well constructed conformance clause brings most of the benefit of
these QA Specification Guidelines for the least effort. Almost all of
SpecGL's significant advice — normative Principles and recommended Good
Practices alike — are satisfied with a good conformance clause."""

I haven't made a thorough review of all the editorial decisions; these
ones are the ones I had noticed when I sent my original message.

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org