Re: about A.1 and C.2

Lofton,

I read the text again and kept in mind your issue, the spirit of the
two checkpoints is still preserved in the text in a GP and a principle.

MICRO LEVEL
Le 28 oct. 2004, à 09:21, Lofton Henderson a écrit :
> Checkpoint 7.1. Use conformance key words.

3.2 Principle A: Use a consistent style for conformance requirements
and explain how to distinguish them.
http://www.w3.org/QA/Group/2004/10/WD-qaframe-spec/#consistent-style

MACRO LEVEL
> Checkpoint 7.2. Distinguish normative and informative content.

1.1 Good Practice C: Specify in the conformance clause how to
distinguish normative from informative content.
http://www.w3.org/QA/Group/2004/10/WD-qaframe-spec/#norm-informative-gp

> FPWD of SpecGL [3] preserved both of these checkpoints.  7.2 became
> the 3rd Good Practice of section A.1 (provide a Conformance Clause).
> It was to be repeated in C.2, or referenced from there.  The reason
> that it was in section A is that we decided to "front load" the most
> important PRs and GPs -- put them in the beginning so that major
> benefit could be obtained by doing the first bits.
>
> The current WG draft has ...

An explicit reference to
	3.2 Principle A
in the techniques of
	1.1 Good Practice C

I have modified the techniques in trying to make a step toward your
position and request. I hope it answers one part of your concerns. I'm
looking for a way to solve this issue.

Could you live with this? Or it's not enough?

If it's not enough, would you accept that we close the issue that you
could open again on Last Call WD, if you really think that we are not
respecting the spirit of the document.

Best.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***