Re: [SpecGL Draft] B3 list of normative and non-normative references (2nd try)

Le ven 20/08/2004 à 15:49, Karl Dubost a écrit :
> Le 20 août 2004, à 04:29, Dominique Hazaël-Massieux a écrit :
> > I think Björn raised an important question about normative references
> > that would be worth adding to SpecGL: when making a normative
> > reference,
> > you need to see how future versions of the said specification may
> > affect
> > your own document, and also possibly address the way you "use" the
>
> "need to see how future versions of the said specification may affect"
> This is almost impossible to plan.

Mentioning this would be a start, I think; we have seen it had caused
troubles in the past, it would be damaging not to mention it to our
readers;  I agree it's not necessarily easy to formulate, but that
doesn't make it less important.

> And indeed I proposed to Björn to write something about it.
> 	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa/2004Jul/0018

Well, we are the WG; Björn is free to ignore requests to make our work
during his free time :)

Dom
W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org