Re: QAH possible example [3rd try]

[...trying again, earlier send attempts failed...]

At 01:02 PM 8/6/2004 -0400, Lynne wrote:

>Earlier this week, Mark and I met with the XQuery Testing Group to talk
>about the QA and our documents, work, etc.  The XQuery Testing Group is
>newly formed.  Andrew Eisenberg (cochair) had invited Karl to attend and
>speak, but since it was at NIST, it made sense for Mark and I to do it.
>
>Andrew was smart - he invited the QA to see what he (and the group) could
>leverage and learn, he also held the meeting at NIST.  This was smart
>because Mary Brady who has extensive knowledge and experience spent 2 days
>with them.  As she said to me, much of what they discussed was
>topics/issues that we have seen before starting and working with new test
>efforts.
>
>So, we should capture this

Agreed, tho' (like you) I'm not sure of the best way to do it.  I'll keep
it in mind as I edit QAH.  (Suggestions welcome.)

>  - that is, Share the experience (share the pain) or the flip side, Seek
> a mentor/coach.

There are several angles, as you imply:  positive (seek expertise and
leverage it); negative (a bit late, given the state of Xquery); positive
(better late than never); etc.

>When a test group is starting, reading QAH, etc is good, but there are
>always additional questions and of course, everyone thinks they have some
>unique things.  But, if early on, the chair or new group met with someone
>who has 'been there, done that', then much time and pain can be avoided,
>the new test effort jump started, etc.
>
>Don't know how to capture this.  It could be a story, example, or a GP.

Yes, any one of those might work.

Question.  Will Andrew let us use his group by name?  In a positive or
negative (or mixed) Story or Example?