Re: [SpecGL Draft] A.1 Principle: Include a conformance clause

At 07:18 PM 8/3/2004 -0400, Lynne Rosenthal wrote:
>[...]
>>Technique
>>         1. Simple, complete the conformance clause template and put the
>> result into the specification.
>>
>>         """KD: Do we have a conformance template?"""

Yes, SpecLite FPWD [1] has links to [2].  And [2] comes from proposals that
I originally submitted to QAWG in March, and before that in January.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-spec/
[2] http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2004/05/SpecLite-template.html

>Lofton is working on something as part of the NIST deliverable.  He should
>have something soon.

[2] was derived from old SpecHeavy (from its GLs and CPs).  It's content
needs revision to coordinate it with SpecLite -- most of the concepts still
survive, but need to be rearranged and revised somewhat (and linked).  Also
it will be available in an easier-to-use form.

Given the unstable state of the SpecLite text, and the energetic push to
publish (in August?), Lynne and I have agreed that I should do the
coordination work after the next WD publication.  The next WD should (like
FPWD) refer to placeholder versions.