Re: SpecGL Selling points

Hi,

In telecon I took the AI to rework the following text to be more SpecGL
specific and to sound less like general QA preaching...

At 12:16 PM 11/12/03 -0500, Lynne Rosenthal wrote:
>[...]
>QA is Important
>It may seem wacky to take precious time now, but integrating QA practices
>into every step of the specification writing process will pay off.
>·       It is a well-established fact that the sooner a defect (e.g.,
>ambiguity, hole in the specification) is found the less expensive it is to
>fix.
>·       Early QA lifecycle activities help increase the overall
>effectiveness and efficiency of specification development.
>·       Early QA involvement allows evaluation of important planning,
>design, and development decisions with respect to how these decisions aid
>the testability of the specification.
>·       Continuous QA activities can reduce the amount of redrafting or
>scraping text, the number comments to resolve, and the time to publication.
>
>Invest in QA and get to Recommendation faster by spending less time
>rewriting the specification, by fostering the development of test
>materials, and by facilitating the development of implementations.

I realize that Lynne just resent a redraft of the whole "Selling Points",
with some changes to that section, but it's easier for me to finish as I
started.  So here 'tis...

Using SpecGL pays dividends
It may seem wacky to spend the precious time, but applying SpecGL in every
step of the specification writing process pays off.   Early and ongoing
application of SpecGL will:
· uncover defects (e.g., ambiguity, hole in the specification) sooner, when
they are less expensive to fix;
· accelerate specification development by making the process more efficient
and effective;
· enable evaluation of the impact of important planning, design, and
development decisions on specification testability;
· reduce the amount of text reworking, the number comments to resolve, time
to publication, and the number of errata after publication.

Regards,