Re: Draft Minutes of Wednesday, 8 January F2F Afternoon

Seattle attendees, if you have an opinion about this TTF charter and
toolkits topic, please speak up asap, to help Dimitris finish his new draft...

At 05:22 AM 1/17/03 +0100, Dimitris Dimitriadis wrote:

>one comment inlined
>On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 02:00  AM, skall@nist.gov wrote:
>
>>[...]
>>
>>LR ­ Should the tools reside in QAWG?  Should TTF develop templates to
>>facilitate tool development?  Do we envision TTF building things?
>>Dd ­ We should not do maintenance.  Don’t know about templates.
>>LR ­ Charter should allow us to optionally develop tools to help WGs
>>build test
>>materials or to help WGs conform to our documents.
>>Consensus ­ It’s desirable for TTF to build tools, resources allowing.
>>MM ­ Even a “how to” will help.
>>Dd ­ We shouldn’t be “out source” for building tests.
>>Consensus ­ New bullet ­ develop tools, templates and tool kits of general
>>usefulness to help WGs develop test materials.
>[dd] I cannot remember either voting for or abstaining from voting on
>templates. I agree on the rest, though. Templates will not be included in
>the wording I'm about to send for the second TTF draft.

I think Mark's characterization is accurate, and you are correct that we
did not vote.  My remembrance:  most of the speakers favored inclusion of
generally useful tools/toolkits/templates in the scope and
deliverables.  There was some dissent but no violent opposition.  Therefore
-- proceeding informally at this stage -- we recorded the apparent majority
opinion.

If there is strong objection to putting it in at this stage, then we can
leave it out and raise a formal issue.  If we put it in but we're not
unanimous, then we can raise a formal issue about taking it out.  Given the
apparent majority opinion towards inclusion, I think the second makes
sense.  But ... we can go either way.

Any other opinions?