Re: Suggested schedule for Boston Outreach

Others have expressed virtually every point that I would make.  See my
comments after theirs...

At 03:30 PM 2/5/03 -0500, David Marston/Cambridge/IBM wrote:
>Patrick proposed:
>[...]
> >From Karl's earlier draft [1], I would add:
>* Appoint a QA person to track what you do in this area
>
>Also, something like:
>* Three levels (A-AAA) of goodness exist
>* Test harness or automation may not be your burden

All good points.  I don't really have new ones (except see #4 below).  But
I have some thoughts about emphasis.  Viewed from 30,000 feet, one can
summarize the points above:

1.) points to sell the case for QA
2.) what we are doing in QA Activity to help them
3.) what we (QA) think they (WGs) should be doing

no one has mentioned,

4.) what do you (the WGs) want from us? (reviews, TTF, tools, consultancy,
hard labor, to be left alone, etc)

My priorities/emphasis about others' points (above).  I think that we
should be expecting a range of audiences, from just starting to deep into
test suites.  For the former, spending some time on #1 is appropriate.  For
the latter, it is "preaching to the choir", and emphasis might better shift
to #3 and #4.

The points and perspective that I would favor for #3 are:

* Easy to start (appoint QA Moderator now; read Intro; OpsGL self-assess;
SpecGL self-assess)
* 80/20 (or 90/10, or 70/30) rule: lots of benefit from initial easy steps
(GL self-assess, basic test suite)
* OpsGL is simpler than it might look (Quick tips summary)
* SpecGL is simpler than it might look (Quick tips summary)