Re: a question about LC comments

Lofton,

On Friday, Feb 7, 2003, at 23:10 Asia/Tokyo, Lofton Henderson wrote:
>>> 1. the Issue doesn't have a number or mnemonic id yet (the number
>>> will be added by a merge process);
>> I don't see how it relates to the issue here...
>
> If someone is commenting on one issue (in a batch), and wants to refer
> to another issue, there is no convenient handle like "LC Issue #41".
> It is a mild annoyance

I see. But usually when people send a comment to the list they usually
don't have the id of their issue-to-be either. By the way, I was just
thinking about the <uri> element you said was not used for issues yet.
I have used it as "uri where the problem is", but could it be "uri of
the message in the list", ala, http://www.w3.org/mid/foobar@hello.org ?
Could be useful for tracking. Anyway, just an idea.

>> I'm not sure it's mandatory (I think it is for other stages of a
>> spec's life) but anyway it's much better that all comments go to a
>> list.
> True.  Only question here is:  WG or IG?

I would say IG, since that's where the discussion is supposed to be in
the end.

>>> ("..oh boy, another 27 QA last call issues in my IN box").
>> You may be too optimistic about the amount of comments we'll get ;)
> Some people have made 25-30 comments at a time.  That translates to
> 25-30 messages.

Good point. I tend to think the people in the IG list won't be
frightened by such traffic.

> Let's go your way.  It is better to do that, with the option to back
> off to summary list if it becomes problematic, than the other way
> around.

Yes. The form script is pretty stable now, I just have to change the
address on monday (currently) from me + me to list + issue editor
(you). It wouldn't be too hard to change, but I prefer to do it this
way (commenting some lines of code is easier than adding some :)

I'm not very likely to be online during the week-end, but if someone
notices something wrong with the form before monday, I can fix it on
(my) monday (that's sunday for most of the world).

--
Olivier