Re: Proposed 5/23 (Thurs) telcon agenda

Can we add to the agenda a discussion of dates for the October f2f?  I'd
like to pin down dates so I can schedule around that.

Mark

At 07:59 AM 5/22/02 -0600, Lofton Henderson wrote:
>QAWG participants --
>
>Please reply (to list) with "regrets", if you know that you can't make the
>2002-05-23 telcon.  (I have regrets so far from Olivier and Dom).
>
>About proposed agenda.  We have just published 4 parts of Framework, and
>the f2f is exactly 3 weeks from Thursday.  I think it would be timely to
>spend a significant chunk of this telcon on several aspects of "What Next
>for QAWG?", and some other miscellaneous topics.  I don't expect that we
>will resolve the larger questions before Montreal, but feel that it would
>be useful to preview them before Montreal.   We can return to issues as
>time permits, and at next week's regular telcon.
>
>Please comment on this proposed agenda...
>
>1.) Roll call
>
>2.) Montreal f2f (Karl)
>         - registration, hotel, etc [1]
>         - connectivity (instructions)
>         - bridge/dial-out (or dial-in)
>         - agenda items: [2] + this telcon agenda + ???
>
>3.) "QA Glossary" status report (Karl, Mark)
>
>4.) Long-term Framework goals and schedule (Lofton)
>         - [2002-05-15 published 4 Frm parts]
>         - 06/2002 Montreal f2f
>         - 09/2002 Publication all Frm Parts (FPWD at least)
>         - 10/2002 f2f Asia/Pacific (e.g., Tokyo)
>         - 01/2003 "Last Call", all Framework parts
>         - 03/2003 Tech Plenary, present "finished" Frm.
>
>5.) Framework priorities, status, needs, staffing (Lofton)
>         - Priority order:  [Ops parts]; Spec parts; Test parts
>
>         [Legend:  part:, status&needs, (lead editor)]
>         - Intro:  stable (LH)
>         - OpsGuide: needs editorial, description, etc (LH)
>         - OpsExtech:  case studies; needs ??? (LH)
>         - SpecGuide:  refine gd/ck, ed, description (LH)
>         - SpecExtech:  nothing done, no plan (unassigned)
>         - TestGuide:  nothing done, no plan (KG [+PF+dd])
>         - TestExtech:  nothing done; no plan (see above)
>
>6.) Issue:  Framework document formats
>         - must improve, for Guide-Extech maintenance
>         - XHTML with a few new 'class' attributes?
>         - or, xmlspec?
>
>7.) Staffing versus workload:
>         - 3 parts to draft from scratch
>         - 1 part needs significant development (OpsExtech)
>         - 4 parts to format convert (xmlspec or XHTML/class)
>         - 3 editors (while LR travelling)
>         - adds up to ???
>
>8.) Other possible concurrent QAWG activities
>         - W3C Project Review (Daniel?)
>         - proactive charter/ops review? (per WD OpsGuide)
>         - proactive spec review? (per WD SpecGuide)
>         - "Test" activities? (other than Frm:Test parts?)
>
>9.) Issues List [3]:  for remainder of telcon
>
>10.) Next telcon:  5/30, regular bi-weekly
>
>11.) Adjourn

>[1] http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/05/Montreal-F2F
>[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2002Apr/0078.html
>[3] http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/qawg-issues-html.html
>
>Logistics
>=====
>
>>Day(s):  Thursday
>>Date(s):  23rd May 2002
>>Time: 2-3:30 EDT
>>Number of Participants:  15
> [...]

Mark Skall
Chief, Software Diagnostics and Conformance Testing Division
Information Technology Laboratory
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8970
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8970

Voice: 301-975-3262
Fax:   301-590-9174