Re: Status of [X]HTML test suite?

Lofton,

I have already reviewed the charter as a Team contact for QA.

At 10:55 -0600 2002-06-26, Lofton Henderson wrote:
>Do you have a pointer to the proposed new charter, and schedule for
>completion?  I'm thinking this might be an interesting Ops GL case
>study (for someone).

The problem is that I will give links here which are right now
accessible only to members before the charter is released. So it may
add frustration for public outside.

The new HTML WG Charter
	http://www.w3.org/2002/05/html/charter (Members only)
The answers to the received comments including QA
	http://www.w3.org/2002/05/html/issues (Team only)

The access to this kind of document is an interesting problem for the
intended review :)

In the interesting answers there were

About Test Suites.
  Q: Test suites "preferably before candidate recommendation" - not sure
   that this is not yet a MUST
  A: It's not a MUST according to the current Process Document.

Which tend to confirm that there's a need for modification of the
Process Document if we want to enforce it as Dimitris has suggested.

About QA Section in the charter.
The HTML WG had decided to not hardcode in their charter a process
which is still half-cooked on our side (QA WG). It's why there's no
precise answers right now to the guidelines :)

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/

      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---