for approval ...

Here is some revised wording for OpsGL [1], associated with completion of
the two action items.  We won't spend time on it in telecon or f2f again,
unless someone has a problem with it.

At 12:13 PM 12/5/02 -0700, Lofton Henderson wrote:

>AI-20021118-5  Lofton  to reword CP3.1 from Ops Guildelines to reflect
>that we want to bind specification and QA deliverables publications

Revised wording of GL3:
GL3.  Synchronize QA activities with the specification milestones.

Revised wording of "Discussion" in CP3.1:
Discussion. Each version of the specification -- WDs, CR(s), PR, etc -- is
a changed document that requires an update of all dependencies like test
materials.

This is a specialization of the @@checkpoint requirement above@@ --
associate QA criteria with each Working Group milestone -- to the specific
WG milestones of specification stages on the Recommendation track. The
natural QA criterion for such a specification publication milestone is the
publication of the updated test materials or related QA deliverables.

>AI-20021125-2Lofton to make sure GL 4 in OpsGL identify all that needs to
>be in a WG Process Doc

Old CK4.3:
=====
Checkpoint 4.3. Produce the QA Process Document.  [Priority 1]
To fulfill this checkpoint, the Working Group MUST produce a QA Process
Document which minimally describes:

     * test materials contribution and review process;
     * licenses applied to test materials;
     * test materials publication rules;
     * test materials maintenance rules;
     * content as required by other checkpoints in this guideline.

New CK4.3:
=====
Checkpoint 4.3. Produce the QA Process Document.  [Priority 1]
To fulfill this checkpoint, the Working Group MUST produce a QA Process
Document that:

     * is a publicly readable document;
     * minimally addresses all of the topics required by other checkpoints
in these specification guidelines.

Rationale. (tbd)

Discussion. This checkpoint depends on other checkpoints that contain
specific requirements for topics and items in the QA Process Document
(QAPD). To summarize, the QAPD must address:

     * means for QA-related communication (4.4);
     * development framework (4.5)
     * branding policy (4.6)
     * test materials contribution (5.2) and review process (5.4)
     * licenses applicable to test materials (5.3, 6.2)
     * test materials publication (6.3, 6.4)
     * test results publication (6.5)
     * test materials maintenance (8.2, 8.3)

Satisfaction of this checkpoint requires satisfaction of these related
checkpoints: 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 5.2, 5.4, 5.3, 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, 6.5, 8.2, 8.3.

(LH note.  1st bullet in "to fulfill" is another resolution from the 11/25
telecon; 2nd bullet is the AI.)

-Lofton.

[1]  http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-qaframe-ops-20021108/