Re: wording "strict conformance"

At 08:35 AM 8/16/02 -0600, Lofton Henderson wrote:

>So what do you recommend:

I would leave the sentence in, but qualify it with examples of why/how
someone may want to supply their own definition, putting in the examples of
applicability to profiles, levels, etc.

>* drop the sentence(s)
>
>* qualify as you said -- specs might possibly narrowing *scope* of
>definition (or its applicability) to a module, profile, level etc
>
>* other.
>
>(I was wondering, as I read it, about this:  a spec maybe could have a
>stricter definition that tightens up ambiguities in our definition, like
>discretionary items, etc -- we had a previous discussion about the latter,
>inconclusive so far -- it will come back later, I think).
>
>-Lofton.d

Mark Skall
Chief, Software Diagnostics and Conformance Testing Division
Information Technology Laboratory
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8970
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8970

Voice: 301-975-3262
Fax:   301-590-9174