Re: NNTP caching proxy

> Its on my wish list.  I don't think it will make it to the *do* list,
> other than maybe hacking CERN proxy server to cache news articles.
> I remember Ari said caching news was bad, but I never understood why,

I said that because the news articles get retrieved from a nearby news
server anyway, so caching doesn't save that much.  If you're thinking
of getting load off the news server, then yes, it makes a lot of
sense.  Yeah, I can see my statement was unnecessarily stern, so I
take it back -- caching news does make sense.

> after all, articles don't change, they have static "urls" and have an
> easily defined expiry dates.

Yes.

Cheers,
--