Re: Summary - Will browsers support multiple proxy servers

Greetings,

> We do not have a firewall but run a proxy/caching server to improve
> performance and save network traffic costs.

I also use a proxy/caching server for the improved responsiveness. An even
simpler idea than ability to find a secondary server, would be a simple
option to access the URL directly if the caching server is not responding.
This would solve most of the problems quite readily. (I have asked at least
one major browser company, but received no response.)

-Robert
--
r-lentz@nwu.edu                       http://www.astro.nwu.edu/lentz/plan.html
	"You have to push as hard as the age that pushes against you."