Re: Looking for pointers

>I would say that the choice of caching server directly affects the machine
>that you need to use. The CERN server is a forking server and with any
>significant traffic will destroy all but the fastest machine.

I think the new Netscape proxy server is a threaded implementation so
will probably outperform the CERN server at busy sites where the forking
overhead really starts to be noticed ....

ian

---
           : Ian Hoyle,  Senior Research Scientist
   /\/\    : BHP Research
  / / /\   : 245 Wellington Rd, Mulgrave, 3170, AUSTRALIA
 / / /  \  : Phone    +61-3-560-7066
/ / / /\ \ : E-mail   ianh@resmel.bhp.com.au
 \  / / /  : "Happy, happy, joy, joy ......"
  \/\/\/   :         -- Ren & Stimpy ;)