Re: [fsl-discuss] Re: Tim Berners-Lee Approves Patent Policy

Hi, John:  I agree with you at one level.  I also believe there is a
strong suggestion, that an organization that announces a policy of
declare or waive, will have the legal foundation for doing so.  In other
words, a patent-free policy, cough up now, before we move to the next
step, or waive.  Excuses are governed by deadlines, to be discarded if
the deadline has passed.  The Creative Commons Registration holds such
promise. Interestingly, enough, it is the Copyright Law which requires
Public Domain active affirmation, the very heart of what the Creative
Commons legal framework offers.  I call this strategy, the in-your-face
with your copyright crappoolllla. . . .maybe. :)
Tom