Re: Is there a way out?

What can be said without the first bit of thought, is the copyright is an
issue in human freedom.  Worldwide it has pitted the small against the
large, the free against the rule of law, and the nation state against its
citizen.

The super class cannot lose, they do not die, hence they outlive all
humans, and since humans tire after only a few years, finding enough
humans to invest their time and resourses to keep up the work against
the non human super class (corporation, government, NPOs, and
associations) is the problem. By definition no human is a member of the
super class.

The copyright system creates feudal estates and like the landed
estate lords of the past, the copyright based feufal estate becomes
the major source of employment for human class members.  Its the old
company store idea.

Humans, employed by one or more ofthe super class, do what their
super class employer [feudal lords] tells them to do.  Humans who want to
remain free, and who object to the idea of encapsulating the
Creativity-Originality knowledge, information and technology
(CO-KIT) generated by present and past humanity into
the shackles of the rule of law, want copyright of any kind
dismattled.  Rule of law shackled CO-KIT denies ungated, free human
access to the CO-KIT.

Freedom is the ungated, unchallenged option to engage human experience
within the space defined by the outer limits of imagination.  Human life
is very short.  A major benefit of a society of humans should be to engage
at will the CO-kit which our society has generated.

Ungated Access to the CO-KIT generated by humanity (not one member of
the super class can so much as cross the street, drink a glass of water,
or go to sleep) is a basic human right, it is recognized as such because
the function of society is to "improve the lot of the human race, not to
gate the access of all humanity to the benefit of a few, especially if the
few are super class.  Governments which enable laws which restrict human
rights ( copyright and patents) are mercantilistic  governments which
serve but a very small part of humanity and all of the super class.

The internet and its standards collectively are the most important means
of communications yet devised.  The internet should be looked at
as a public highway.  Everyone should be required to learn the
rules and the state should be sure that no one gates a persons
access to the highway. Copyrights and patents are a major gating
mechnanism which should be prohibited.

Standards which are for the internet or any technology that is a part of
that communications media [known as the super highway] should be and
must always remain free to use, unlicensed, and completely open and
available to users of the Internet. All parts of the standards[source and
functionality] should remain in the public domain.

Rand fails the open, ungated, free requirements of the obligation of
government and W3 to protect the rights of human man.

sterling.